Sensual Serenity Alternative Fitness Studio
To provide a premium alternative fitness experience that builds confidence, positive self-body image, sexiness and a feeling of belonging for women of all ages, shapes and sizes.
Sensual Serenity Movement Studio was established in 2013 by Terra Marie as a mobile service for bachelorette parties. Pole Dancing was a very new concept for Kingston residents during that time. She built up awareness and began teaching private lessons and small groups. With an increase in student interest, she realized it was time to open a studio. The studio opened in 2014, and has been providing a unique style of sensual movement and pole dancing to the community ever since. We are the first Pole Dancing in Kingston.
The name “Sensual Serenity” stands for a combined vision of creating a peaceful oasis for our senses while allowing woman a positive space to discover their own sensuality. Society and the media shames us into believing our bodies are not beautiful and that we should repress our sensuality. This has made us feel guilty about our bodies and our natural desires to feel sexy and wanted. Sensual Serenity provides an environment that allows students to explore themselves in a supportive and nonjudgmental atmosphere. The result is a community of individuals who have begun to love themselves, feel confident, and, empowered while gaining a sense of strength and control over their minds and bodies.
Sensual Serenity is a spacious home dance studio in the central-west end area of Kingston in Ontario, just a few blocks behind Chapters. Our studio is newly renovated, upscale and boasts a very intimate fell. Our amenities include over 1250 sq. feet of studio space with wall to wall mirrors. Also, we have mood lighting, cozy lounge area, and a boutique filled with athletic wear, pole shorts, accessories, cold drinks and more! There are 9 studio grade poles with 9 ft. ceiling height in our studio space. We have 45mm static / spin stainless steel poles which are perfect for anyone with metal allergies. Our light up stage party pole is a crowd favourite, especially for parties!
- All new students will complete a PAR-Q health questionnaire and liability waiver for insurance purposes. Please come to class 5 minutes early to complete administration.
- Please arrive on time for your lesson so you don’t miss anything important. Due to safety reasons, anyone arriving late to class will complete a warm-up on their own.
- We do not permit observers in our classes to ensure a comfortable environment for students.
- Please leave jewelry and valuables at home because we are not responsible for lost or stolen items.
- Prices are in Canadian currency.
- We require payment up front in order to reserve your space in a class.
- We accept cash, credit, and email money transfers. If you are paying in cash, please bring the exact change because we do not keep cash on the premises.
- All class passes will expire 1 year from the purchase date. You can extend the length of a pass for a $25 processing fee.
CLASS BOOKING AND CANCELLATION POLICY
- We reserve the right to delay or cancel classes due to low registration numbers.
- We require a minimum of three students to run a Pole Dance Fitness class and five students to run fitness and dance classes.
- All classes are by appointment only. Please register for your class online through our booking system or through the mobile booking app.
- We require a minimum of 8 hours notice to cancel a reservation. We will provide a make-up class to all students who notify us in advance.
- Memberships and passes are NON-REFUNDABLE and NON-TRANSFERABLE. This ensures commitment so classes can run accordingly.
- We will issue a refund if we are unable to fit you into a class due to a permanent cancellation.
- We keep all of your personal information secure and confidential. Only our employees with authority will have access to this information. Sensual Serenity does not trade, exchange or sell your personal information to any other person, company or organization.