Our Team of Certified Fitness Instructors
Meet our Sensual Serenity Fitness and Pole Dance Instructor Team! We take pride in our studio culture and community that has been built over the years. At Sensual Serenity, we choose our instructors based on their diversity, personality, interests, training and skill level. Our team is professional, inspiring, certified, motivating and excited to coach you through your journey. Rest assured, you will be welcomed into our studio family with smiles and encouragement.
Terra Marie is the Founder and an instructor at Sensual Serenity. She specializes in Pole Dancing, Yoga, correctional movement training for athletes, and has a background in dance. She completed a Diploma in Fitness and Health Promotion and has been teaching full-time in the fitness industry for over 14 years.
Her love for dance started in her teens with Jazz, ballet and hip hop. In her 20’s she discovered partner dancing when she attended swing dance lessons. Terra quickly moved over to Latin dance and is currently studying under Salsa Ole in Ottawa competing in salsa, bachata and Latin hustle.
Alternative fitness piqued her interest when a family member bought her Carmen Electra’s striptease aerobics DVDs in the early 2000’s. Since then, she has been collecting DVD’s and attending workshops in burlesque, chair dancing, lap dancing and striptease. She started her journey with pole fitness in 2012 and enjoys sharing her passion with others.
- Fitness and Health promotion Diploma, St. Lawrence College
• 500 Hour Advanced Yoga Teacher Training, Shri Kali Ashram in India
• Traditional Hatha Yoga, Rishikesh Yog Peeth in India
• Over 15 years instructing in the fitness industry
• Strength and Conditioning Coach
• Strength and Conditioning Expert for Pole Sport
• Certified Pole Fitness Instructor
• Certified Personal Trainer with CSEP
• Standard CPR and First Aid level C
• Joint Mobility and Movement Training
• Advanced Stability and Core Training
• Certified ZUMBA Level 2 Instructor
• Certified Fitness Kickboxing Instructor
• Functional Movement Screening (FMS) Certification
• Functional Muscular Testing and Graduated Exercises Certification
• Olympic Weightlifting Certification
• KettleBell Training Certification
• Emergency First Responder for Sport
• Sport Taping Level 1
• Pilates Level 1 Certification
• Advanced Muscle Hypertrophy Training
Sarah has had a love for dance and fitness her whole life. Starting at 3 years old doing ballet and jazz then gradually through her competing years training in hip hop, lyrical, contemporary, and acrobatics. Sarah graduated from the commercial dance studies program at George brown college and had the opportunity to work with many well-known dance choreographers, perform on stages across the world and perform in local music videos and performances. She is always continuing her training and loves her workshops in heels, jazz junk and hiphop. Sarah has been teaching dance for several years now and is also a personal trainer to share her growing knowledge in fitness. She loves sharing her enthusiasm and passion for dance with everyone that is willing to learn and enjoy the world of dance!
• Commercial Dance Studies Certificate, George Brown College
• Standard First Aid and CPR Level A with AED
• Dance Instructor
• Personal Trainer – Canfit-Pro certified
• Team Training Coaching Essentials – GoodLife MYBootcamp
When Katelyn first started pole dancing, she had zero training in fitness or dance. She was easily one of the clumsiest people you could have ever met. Regardless of her lack of body awareness, she committed to pole and fell in love. Through hard work, sweat, pole kisses, and many hours of dedication, within 4 years she has come a long way! Kaitlyn loves to perform, complete and is known for her sexy flow style.
Before finding dance as a passion, Cortney’s life was centred on gymnastics from the age of three. She trained as a gymnast and competed nationally for over a decade. Whilst continuing her gymnastics career, Cortney began training and competing in acrobatic dance at her home dance studio TK Danceworx. She then went on to expand her dance training/competing in other styles including ballet, jazz and hip-hop. While studying in London, in her early adult years, Cortney went on to establish and teach an acrobatic dance program for a school of performing arts as well as worked as a choreographer for local theatre Broadway musicals. Most recently, Cortney has been expanding her portfolio, collaborating with international dance partners, to teach Masterclass Dance workshops in Central America as well as teaching at Sensual Serenity. This will be Cortney’s 10th year teaching and she is grateful to be able to share her passion of dance, and is looking forward to developing strong, confident performers.